When visiting to the Philippines, it is very important to know and be familiar with country’s different public means of transportation. Getting around to places in the Philippines is very easy and fun! And of course, you have to adopt their available forms of transportation before taking you in particular destinations.
Below shows a list of the most popular transportation in the Philippines. Feel free to experience these adventurous rides on your vacation travel!
1. Jeepney – This is the most common public vehicle that you can find in almost all places of the Philippines. Filipinos are very artistic enough by enhancing its color and unique design that makes every jeepney a more fun to ride. It was originally resembled from the World War II. The average seating capacity of a customize jeepney is about 10-seater or 14-seater. Other new versions are already bigger and can take more several passengers.
2. Bus– There is two types of buses, the aircon and non-aircon type. It is used as the mode of transportation in most provinces of the Philippines which brings comfort especially in a long distance travel.
3. Tricycle – A three-wheeled motorcycle having a side car which mostly seen on the side streets and some subdivisions and used for short-distance travel only. It carries a maximum of 5 passengers and much cheaper when it comes to fare.
4. Taxi – A much faster and most convenient way on getting to your desired destinations. Although, the fare is more expensive compared to other modes of transportation. Your solution to save more time in your travel.
5. MRT/LRT – This is only applicable in Metro Manila/Luzon area only. It is also a fast and inexpensive way to travel. There are a total of 29 LRT stations.
6. Boat/Ferries – A less-expensive transport mode when you travel between major islands of the Philippines. This will also takes more of your travel time in comparison to airplanes. The ferries are swift hovercraft and catamarans used for faster, short distance inter-island travel.
7. Airplane – The fastest and most relaxing mode of transportation on travelling in an inter-island. In Philippines, there are three major airplanes namely the Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific Air and Air Philippines. Fare rates are more expensive compared to sea travel but most airlines offer big discounts and promos.