Filipino Kalderetang Kambing Recipe (Goat Meat Caldereta)
Kalderetang kambing is a very common dish in the Philippines. The main ingredient is goat meat known for its tenderness and nostalgic taste. This dish is pinoys favorite pulutan and is a requisite during fiestas and any occasions too. There are plenty of restaurants in the country that serves Caldereta with their unique cooking style but one thing is for sure, they always made it a mouth-watering taste. Goat meat is a very nutritious red meat which is excellent for those watching the waistline, cholesterol levels, and needing an alternative to the average hum-drum food.
Below are simple ways on how to cook a delicious and nutritious kalderetang kambing.
• 3 lb goat meat
• 1 c Vinegar
• 2 Whole garlic bulbs
• 4 siling labuyo
• 1 lb Onions
• 6 oz Tomato paste
• 1 1/2 c water
• 1/2 lb Potatoes
• 1 Red bell pepper
• 1/2 lb ground beef liver
• 1/8 c quezo de bola
• 1/2 c olive oil
• 1 t Cooking oil
• 1 t vetsin
• Dash Red pepper
• 1 t Salt
1. Skin and mince the garlic and combine with the vinegar in a non-reactive dish large enough to hold the goat meat and marinate for 5 hours.
2. When marination is nearly complete, Slice the onions, peel the potatoes and cut them into 1 inch cubes, and julienne the bell pepper.
3. Fry the siling labuyo (pepper) in some cooking oil; remove from pan and set aside.
4. Add more cooking oil and brown the meat.
5. Remove meat and set aside.
6. In same pan, saute one tbs garlic and onions.
7. Return meat to pan along with the tomato paste and water and simmer until the meat is tender.
8. Add the tomatoes, red pepper, beef liver, quezo de bola and the fried siling labuyo.
9. Stir in the olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and vetsin.
10. Cook for 5 more minutes and serve.