Filipino Style Beef Steak Recipe (Bistek Tagalog)
This dish is very typical to Filipino families because of its mouth-watering taste and lots of nutrients too which is very good to the body. They usually called it a Bistek Tagalog, or known as the Filipino version of Beef Steak. The cooking procedure of this recipe is not really so complicated and made easy to prepare. All you have to do is to gather the necessary ingredients that can be found in the market and then, add an extra love and dedication on your cooking to make it something more special.
Bistek Tagalog Ingredients:
1/2 kilo beef, sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices (much better to use the soft part of the beef to obtain tenderness)
1 large white onion cut into rings
3 gloves crushed garlic
3 tbsp cooking oil
4 pieces calamansi or 1 piece lemon or some lime zest for flavor
1/4 cup of soy sauce
Ground pepper (optional)
Bistek Tagalog Cooking Procedure:
1. In a bowl, marinate the sliced beef with soy sauce, calamansi, and ground pepper (optional) for at least an hour or so.
2. Pour the cooking oil in a heated pan then stir fry the onion rings until the texture becomes soft.
3. Put the marinated beef in the pan with the fried onions and let it fry until until color turns brown.
4. Then, add the crushed garlic and sauté it for a few minutes.
5. Pour the marinade (liquid) and allow it to boil.
6. Put in the fried beef and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat is tender and add the fried onion. Also, add water as needed.
7. You can add salt for your taste preference.
8. Serve it hot and enjoy!